- A split into constituent parts after a previous combination.
- (linguistics) A false etymology derived from rebracketing.
- The word burger is part of a refactorization of Hamburger (originally Hamburg + er).
- (software) A rewriting of computer code to improve its readability or structure without affecting its meaning or behaviour, thus making it easier to maintain; a refactoring.
- An objective of refactorization is to clear up the global scope of all the library variables, functions and objects.
- Another objective of refactorization is to factor out repeated coding patterns into new abstractions and thus avoid their repetition resulting in less code to maintain.
- (mathematics) A second or subsequent factorization.