Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, obsolete in general sense) To cool down, make cool.
- 1621, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy, Oxford: Printed by Iohn Lichfield and Iames Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 216894069; The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd corrected and augmented edition, Oxford: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, 1624, OCLC 54573970:, Bk.I, New York 2001, p.149:
- the other [artery] goes to the lungs, to fetch air to refrigerate the heart.
- (transitive) Now specifically, to keep cool by containing within a refrigerator.
- Please refrigerate your uncooked meats at or below 40° Fahrenheit.
keep cool in refrigerator
freeze — see freeze
cool down — see cool down