Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Affection, often excessive, for one's own region and to everything related to it.
- Political tendency to concede forms of politico-administrative autonomy to regions.
- (countable, linguistics) A word or phrase originating in, characteristic of, or limited to a region.
- (linguistics): provincialism
linguistic characteristic — See also translations at provincialism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.