Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To change the stripes.
- (automotive) To change the space markings in a parking lot.
- When a business, State or local government agency, or other covered entity restripes a parking lot, it must provide accessible parking spaces as required by the ADA Standards for Accessible Design. ADA Design Guide 1 - Restriping Parking Lots
- To change the lane markings or other markings on a road, runway or other path; to repaint existing pavement traffic markings.
- 1996, Unknown, “Z -- RESTRIPE VARIOUS ROADS AND CROSSWALKS AT THE NAVAL AIR STATION, LEMOORE, CALIFORNIA”, in cbd.procurements, Usenet:
- The work includes furnishing all labor, material, equipment, transportation, supervision, and management necessary for restriping road centerlines, edgelines, stop/yield bars, crosswalks and incidental related work.
- (computing, RAID) To change the manner in which data is laid out across multiple disks.
- 2001, Richard Barker, Paul Massiglia, Storage area network essentials, page 213:
- In most cases, reduced application performance is preferable to the alternative of stopping applications entirely to move or restripe data.
- To redivide (land).
- 1921, Gerald Francis Keatinge, Agricultural Progress in Western India, page 227:
- In Prussia eight General Commissions exist for settling land on an economic basis either by the subdivision of large estates, by restriping, or by the occupation and improvement of waste lands.
- 1917, Harold Hart Mann; Dattatraya Lakshman Sahasrabuddhe, Narayan Vinayak Kanitkar, Vinayak Atmaram Tamhane, et al, Land and labour in a Deccan village, page 154:
- general arrangements being made for commassation or restriping of land as in many European countries and in Japan we can hardly tell.