Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: roundoff
- To change the shape of an object to make it more circular.
- (mathematics) To change a number into an approximation having fewer significant digits.
- Round off 15.4 to 15, round off 15.51 to 15.5 or to 16, round off 0.499 to 0, and round off 970,000 to 1 million.
- "This product contains no PCBs" is a typical commercial distortion if it actually contains 0.498 of the measurement unit, rounded off to "0"
- To complete or finish something.
2011 September 2, Phil McNulty, “Bulgaria 0-3 England”, BBC:
- Manchester United's in-form striker rose to head home Stewart Downing's corner and then rounded off a sweeping counter-attack involving Theo Walcott and Ashley Young to wrap up the formalities seconds before the break.
to change the shape of an object to make it more circular
to change a number into an approximation having fewer significant digits