run away with
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: run away
- To leave secretly with another person, often with the intention of getting married or of living together against the wishes of the family.
- She ran away with my best friend.
- To steal and get away with it.
- The robber ran away with some valuable paintings.
- To be misled.
- Don't run away with the idea that this money will solve all your problems.
- To overwhelm, get the better of
- He allowed his emotions to run away with him.
- To be superior or outstanding in something.
- Team USA ran away with the medal count.
leave secretly with another person
to overwhelm — see overwhelm