- To predict the future using crystal balls or other objects.
- The fortune teller claimed she could scry [into] the future.
- (obsolete) To descry; to see.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
scry (plural scries)
- (obsolete) A cry or shout.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ld. Berners to this entry?)
- A flock of wildfowl.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.