Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (gerund) The act of one that seats.
- The seating of passengers will begin soon.
- (uncountable) The provision of chairs or other places for people to sit.
- There is plenty of comfortable seating.
- (countable) A period of time in which people are allowed into a performance, a meal, etc., to be seated.
- The first seating begins at 5 o'clock.
- Material for making seats.
- cane seating
- (obsolete) Haircloth.
- (mechanics) Collectively, the various fitted supports of the parts of a structure or of a machine; a housing in which a component is seated.
- (shipbuilding) That part of the floor which rests on the keel.
For quotations using this term, see Citations:seating.
provision of chairs
material for making seats
housing for components