Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /saɪˈdɪə.ɹi.əl/
- (US) IPA(key): /saɪˈdɪɚ.i.əl/, /sɪˈdɪɚ.i.əl/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
sidereal (not comparable)
- Of or relating to the stars.
- 1919, Hector Macpherson, “Chapter V”, in S.Chapman (series editor), editor, Men of Science: Herschel:
- The field of sidereal astronomy, therefore, was virtually untrodden when, shortly after the beginning of his telescopic work, Herschel began his first review of the heavens.
- (astronomy) Relating to a measurement of time relative to the position of the stars.
- (astronomy) Relating to a measurement of time relative to the point of the vernal equinox.
of or relating to the stars
relating to a measurement of time relative to the position of the stars