Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: signoff
Audio (AU) (file)
- (broadcasting) The closing of a radio or television station's studios and cessation of the broadcasting signal, usually overnight.
- Sign off for the small-town radio station was at midnight.
- (idiomatic) To log off; to stop using a computer, radio, etc., especially to stop talking.
- He finished the conversation and signed off.
- (broadcasting) To cease broadcasting a radio or television signal, usually at the end of a broadcasting day.
- Before he signed off the radio station for the night, the disc jockey played the National Anthem.
- (followed by “on”) to give one's official approval to something for which it is needed
- Once the vice-president signs off on the project, we can start construction.