Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To select one from a group and treat differently.
- 2011 December 29, Keith Jackson, “SPL: Celtic 1 Rangers 0”, in Daily Record:
- This time it was Celtic who were forced to hit on the break and when they did, they singled out Broadfoot.
- 1974, Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance:
- He singled out aspects of Quality such as unity, vividness, authority, economy, sensitivity, clarity, emphasis, flow, suspense, brilliance, precision, proportion, depth and so on; kept each of these as poorly defined as Quality itself, but demonstrated them by the same class reading techniques.
To select one from a group and treat differently