Jump to navigation Jump to search
singulative (not comparable)
- (grammar) Of or pertaining to a grammatical form or construction that expresses the individuation of a single referent from a mass noun.
- English doesn't have a singulative number in general, but many uncountable nouns have usual singulative constructions.
singulative (plural singulatives)
- (grammar) A singulative form or construction.
- The singulative of "cattle" is "a head of cattle".
- The singulative of "scissors" is "a pair of scissors".
a singulative form or construction