Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Insincerely ingratiating.
- 1988, Owen Sela, The KGB Candidate, →ISBN, page 261:
- By the time the campaign was finished, you never saw a quicker, more smooth-talking political animal than Afram Milovan.
- 2005, Dan Tynan, Computer Privacy Annoyances, →ISBN:
- Children are an increasingly attractive target for ID thieves, in part because they're easy prey for smooth-talking predators in chat rooms, and because the crime can go undetected for years.
- 2011, Robert D. Hare, Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us, →ISBN:
- In another case, a young woman, a smooth-talking, parasitic psychopath, constantly complained to her friends that her parents were not contributing enough to her already lavish lifestyle.
- 2011, Shara Azod, Irresistible, →ISBN:
- At twenty-one, it was easy for strippers to fall for smooth-talking, married customers.
- Alternative form of
- 2008, Brian Peterson, Move Over, Girl: A Novel, →ISBN, page 114:
- Anything is possible, but if you haven't begun talking smooth yet, then I would really like to have a demonstration of what you think smooth-talking is.
- 2013, David Hulme & John Toye, Understanding Poverty and Well-Being: Bridging the Disciplines, →ISBN:
- For instance, suppose that smooth-talking is important for business.
- 2014, Bonnie Dee, The New Leaf Pledge, →ISBN:
- No more smooth-talking or wheedling or coercing.