Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To speak glibly and persuasively; to persuade with smooth talk.
- 2009, Peter Cole & Tony Harcup, Newspaper Journalism, →ISBN, page 147:
- In the blue corner was Mazher 'Fake Sheikh' Mahmood, a man said to be capable of smooth talking everyone from minor royals to millionaire football managers.
- 2012, Eileen Cook, The Almost Truth, →ISBN:
- It was the combination of his dark curly hair, which he let grow a bit wild, his half smile that showed his chipped front tooth, and his ability to smooth talk anyone with the sound of his voice that worked like magic.
- 2013, Alain Mabanckou, Tomorrow I'll Be Twenty, →ISBN, page 78:
- Don't you try smooth talking me!
- Glib flattery and persuasion.
- 2011, Bruce Roberts, Lethal Libido, →ISBN, page 45:
- It took a full month and a half of his smooth talk, a few pieces of expensive jewelry and some very fine coke to get her in his bed.
- 2011, Fitzhugh G. Houston, Men Let's Talk (The Victory Over Lust Survival Handbook), →ISBN, page 61:
- So she tempted him with her charms, and he gave in to her smooth talk.
- 2012, Colin G. Kruse, Paul's Letter to the Romans, →ISBN:
- This they did, Paul says, when by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.