See also: soap box
soapbox (plural soapboxes)
- (literally) A crate for packing soap.
- (figuratively) Any physical or media platform which gives prominence to the person on it and the views they espouse.
- The madman obtained a soapbox which he stood on at the corner of Broadway and Wall street, to shout out his prophesy of the end of the world.
- (figuratively) A talk about one's pet topic (or the topic itself), especially when only tangentially relevant to an ongoing discussion.
- He's been on his soapbox all day about the new football coach.
- A soapbox car.
platform for presenting one's viewpoints
soapbox car — see soapbox car
- To give a speech from (or as if from) a soapbox.