Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not allowing sound through.
- The contestant was placed in a soundproof booth so he could not receive help from the audience.
describing something that does not allow sound through
- To make resistant to transmitting sound.
- We soundproofed the room so we couldn't hear the road noises; unfortunately we couldn't hear the fire alarm either.
- 1960 March, G. Freeman Allen, “Europe's most luxurious express - the "Settebello"”, in Trains Illustrated, page 141:
- It almost goes without saying that the train is fully soundproofed, with double-glazed windows and highly efficient air-conditioning by the British firm of J. Stone.
- 1980, Robert M. Jones, editor, Walls and Ceilings, Time-Life Books, →ISBN, page 114:
- Soundproofing a room may be as simple as sealing gaps around a door, or it may require rebuilding an entire wall or lowering a ceiling.
make resistant to sound