speak for oneself
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see speak, for. To provide an opinion only on one's own behalf.
- I'm here speaking for myself, not for my company.
- (idiomatic) Expressing disagreement with an opinion expressed by another.
- Speak for yourself! I think it's a great idea.
- To have obvious meaning; to require no explanation.
- His fantastic record as a manager speaks for itself.
- His actions speak for themselves.
- In the imperative especially (speak for yourself!), this term has a context of "I don't agree" or "believe what you like", hinting that the statement may be true for the speaker, but is not for all the group.
to have obvious meaning