Jump to navigation Jump to search
splasher (plural splashers)
- Someone who splashes.
- 1915, Nell Speed, Molly Brown's Orchard Home:
- They gave her room, all right, especially if her medium happened to be water color, as Judy was a grand splasher and spared neither water nor paint.
- (dated) A guard to keep off splashes from anything; especially, one of the guards over the wheels of a carriage, locomotive, etc. 
- Synonym: splashguard
- 1944 November and December, “Modified G.W.R. "Hall" Class Locomotives”, in Railway Magazine, page 350:
- No. 6959 is painted in the standard wartime black livery and, like its immediate predecessors, does not carry a nameplate, but the words "Hall Class" have been painted on the middle coupled-wheel splasher.
- (MLE, slang) A knife (for it does wettings).
- 2020 August 13, Blacz (lyrics and music), “TwentyTwo”, 1:21–1:26:
- Juice man up with this 15 inch
Like, now I got blood on my splasher