Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
spoils pl (plural only)
- That which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
- "Gentle gales, Fanning their odoriferous wings, dispense Native perfumes, and whisper whence they stole Those balmy spoils." —Milton.
- Public offices and their benefits regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction, to be bestowed for its own advantage.
- To the victor belong the spoils.
that which is taken from another by violence
public offices and their benefits regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of spoil
- Milk spoils when left out too long.