Jump to navigation Jump to search
spreadsheet (plural spreadsheets)
- (computing) A computer application for organization, analysis, and storage of data in tabular form.
- 1985 September 15, Erik Snadberg-Diment, “Number Crunching on the Macintosh”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- The program's most quintessentially Macintoshian feature, one as yet unique among spreadsheets, is its icon bar, which resides at the top of the screen just below the standard menu bar.
- A document created with such an application.
- Synonym: worksheet
- (dated) A sheet of paper, marked with a grid, in which financial data is recorded and totals calculated manually.
sheet of paper
- (transitive) To model or compute by means of a spreadsheet.
- 2020, Cory Doctorow, Attack Surface, Head of Zeus, →ISBN:
- If you'd spreadsheeted the cascade charts and sorted it by each name's sphere of influence, then the people Carrie Johnstone sent the police to get constituted a big chunk of the middle third—people who “commanded” maybe four of five others—and maybe 10 percent of the top influencers.