Jump to navigation Jump to search
From spread + sheet. (This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium. Particularly: “When was the term first used?”)
spreadsheet (plural spreadsheets)
- (computing) A computer application for organization, analysis, and storage of data in tabular form.
- A document created with such an application.
- Synonym: worksheet
- (dated) A sheet of paper, marked with a grid, in which financial data is recorded and totals calculated manually.
sheet of paper
spreadsheet (third-person singular simple present spreadsheets, present participle spreadsheeting, simple past and past participle spreadsheeted)
- (transitive) To model or compute by means of a spreadsheet.
- 2020, Cory Doctorow, Attack Surface, Head of Zeus, →ISBN:
- If you'd spreadsheeted the cascade charts and sorted it by each name's sphere of influence, then the people Carrie Johnstone sent the police to get constituted a big chunk of the middle third—people who “commanded” maybe four of five others—and maybe 10 percent of the top influencers.
- spreadsheet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia