Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈstɑːˌkɹɒst/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈstɑɹˌkɹɔst/
- (cot–caught merger, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈstɑɹˌkɹɑst/
- ill-fated by destiny, the fate of the person being “written in the stars”.
- The star-crossed lovers looked into each other's eyes, before dying.
2009 March 20, Adam Rittenberg, “Spartans overpower Robert Morris”, in ESPN:
- After a star-crossed regular season, Morgan vowed Thursday to show the college hoops world what it has been missing.