statal (not comparable)
- (dated) Pertaining to a State of the American Union, in contrast to the federal government.
- Relating to any nation-state.
- (linguistics) Pertaining to a word form, such as a passive verb or a modifier, that describes the state of its subject rather than its action or process.
- Resulting from structural considerations as opposed to actions.
2004, Ros Edwards, Children, Home and School: Regulation, Autonomy Or Connection?, ISBN 1134532539:
- Finally, implications for future policy and practice in relation to respect, trust, and students' rights are considered, with the possibility of increasing connection and reducing social exclusion by thinking in new terms of addressing statal exclusions through participation rights.
to a state of the US