Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: fédération
- fœderation (archaic) [18th–19th C]
- Act of joining together into a single political entity.
- It is 106 years since federation.
- Array of nations or states that are unified under one central authority which is elected by its members.
- Any society or organisation formed from separate groups or bodies.
- (computing, telecommunications) A collection of network or telecommunication providers that offer interoperability.
array of nations or states
federation (not comparable)
- (Australia) Of an architectural style popular around the time of federation.
- We live in a federation house.
- 2000, Donald Denoon, Philippa Mein Smith, Marivic Wyndham, A History of Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific, page 221,
- The Federation house claimed a unique place in architecture, even if it offended architects.
- 2002, Andrew Swaffer, Katrina O'Brien, Darroch Donald, Australia: Handbook, page 754,
- Five Chimneys, 15 Maria St, T8563 0240. Comfortable accomodation [sic] in large federation house, spa, swimming pool.
- 2010, Adrian Franklin, Collecting the 20th Century, page 27,
- Plaster kookaburras from the 1930s would still look good in a nature-themed Federation house; h27 cm.
- unofficial form of of
Declension of federation
- federation; an array of states or nations
|Declension of federation|