Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: station to station
- (baseball) A contranym which may mean:
- A strategy in which a team attempts to score runs by stealing bases, bunting, sacrificing, hitting singles and adopting hit-and-run plays; inside baseball or small ball.
- A strategy in which a team attempts to score runs by eschewing the stolen base and small ball, instead allowing baserunners to advance only on hits or other balls in play.
- (telecommunications) A method of placing a telephone call in which the calling party will accept the placed call irrespective of respondent. This connection method has largely been superseded by direct dial connections.
- The procession by devotees along successive stations in the Stations of the Cross.