Jump to navigation Jump to search
steaming (plural steamings)
- The action of steam on something.
- The method of cooking by immersion in steam.
- (Britain, informal) A form of robbery in which a large gang moves swiftly and violently through a bus, train, etc.; see Steaming (crime).
action of steam on something
method of cooking by immersion in steam
- Giving off steam.
- We were served with steaming bowls of soup.
- (slang) Very angry.
- I was steaming when I heard about their betrayal.
- (slang) Extremely drunk.
- (giving off steam): steamy
- (very angry): apoplectic, enraged, furious; see also Thesaurus:angry
- (extremely drunk): paralytic, sloshed, wasted; see also Thesaurus:drunk
giving off steam