Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
steed (plural steeds)
- (archaic, poetic) A stallion, especially in the sense of mount.
- The studded bridle on a ragged bough
- Nimbly she fastens: -- O, how quick is love! --
- The steed is stalled up, and even now
- To tie the rider she begins to prove:
- Backward she push'd him, as she would be thrust,
- And govern'd him in strength, though not in lust. — Shakespeare, "Venus and Adonis".
- (cycling, slang, humorous) A bicycle.
steed n (plural steeden)