- Rhymes: -æpɪŋ
- (obsolete) Of a young woman full of vigor; lusty.
- Of a person of either sex; Having a sturdy muscular physique; robust.
2011 February 12, Les Roopanarine, “Birmingham 1 - 0 Stoke”, in BBC:
- But while the two strapping front men battered Foster, they could not better him, and in the absence of tangible reward for his creative efforts, Pennant almost took matters into his own hands, curling a low free-kick inches wide of Foster's left-hand upright.
of a young woman full of vigor; lusty
of a person of either sex; having a sturdy muscular physique; robust
- Adhesive plaster for strapping injuries.
2017 November 10, Daniel Taylor, “Youthful England earn draw with Germany but Lingard rues late miss”, in The Guardian (London):
- Jones had heavy strapping on his left thigh and it was tempting to wonder what José Mourinho, his manager at Manchester United, will have made of it in a week of withdrawals from Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur players.
- A length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively.
- A beating with a strap.
length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively