Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æpɪŋ
- present participle of
- (obsolete) Of a young woman full of vigor; lusty.
- Of a person of either sex; Having a sturdy muscular physique; robust.
2011 February 12, Les Roopanarine, “Birmingham 1 - 0 Stoke”, BBC:
- But while the two strapping front men battered Foster, they could not better him, and in the absence of tangible reward for his creative efforts, Pennant almost took matters into his own hands, curling a low free-kick inches wide of Foster's left-hand upright.
of a young woman full of vigor; lusty
of a person of either sex; having a sturdy muscular physique; robust
- Adhesive plaster for strapping injuries.
- A length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively.
- A beating with a strap.
length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively