Jump to navigation Jump to search
stuffing (countable and uncountable, plural stuffings)
- The matter used to stuff hollow objects such as pillows and saddles.
- The stuffing is made of synthetic goose down.
- Any of many food items used to stuff another.
- stuffing for a Christmas turkey
- A mixture of oil and tallow used in softening and dressing leather.
- Severe defeat
- United were given an absolute stuffing by City.
- (Internet) The insertion of many copies of a word into a web page in an attempt to increase its search engine ranking.
- (US, finance, law) A tax loophole whereby a corporation acquires property that will result in a loss of revenue, purely in order to reduce its tax liability.
matter used to stuff hollow objects
food items used to stuff another
insertion of many copies of a word into a web page
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ʌfɪŋ/2 syllables
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with usage examples
- American English
- en:Web design