Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: sub-deacon
subdeacon (plural subdeacons)
- A Catholic clerical rank below that of a deacon, obsolete in the Roman Catholic Church.
- A Catholic cleric who assists the deacon at High Mass and normally reads the Epistle at the Eucharist.
cleric below a deacon
- subdeacon on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “subdeacon” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “subdeacon” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "subdeacon" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.