See also: sub-deacon
subdeacon (plural subdeacons)
- A Catholic clerical rank below that of a deacon, obsolete in the Roman Catholic Church.
- A Catholic cleric who assists the deacon at High Mass and normally reads the Epistle at the Eucharist.
cleric below a deacon
- subdeacon on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “subdeacon” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
- “subdeacon” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- "subdeacon" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.