Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borrowed from New Latin substratum, nominalisation of the neuter of Latin substrātus, perfect passive participle of substernō.
substratum (plural substrata)
- A layer that lies underneath another.
- Synonym: underlayer
- (figuratively) The underlying cause or basis of something.
- (linguistics) A substrate.
a layer that lies underneath another
substratum m (plural substratums)
- “substratum”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- English terms derived from the Proto-Indo-European root *sterh₃-
- English terms borrowed from New Latin
- English terms derived from New Latin
- English terms derived from Latin
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns