Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Arousing suspicion.
- His suspicious behaviour brought him to the attention of the police.
- 1957, H. E. Bates, Death of a Huntsman
- If their views were entrancing their sanitation was primeval; if they possessed stables they were also next to the gas-works; if their gardens were delightful there were odours suspicious of mice in the bedrooms.
- Distrustful or tending to suspect.
- I have a suspicious attitude to get-rich-quick schemes.
- Expressing suspicion
- She gave me a suspicious look.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked