Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any place which is optimum for a certain action to take place.
2017 May 13, Barney Ronay, “Antonio Conte’s brilliance has turned Chelsea’s pop-up team into champions”, in the Guardian:
- Six months old, a half-season project, they are already more watchable and more coherent than the second phase of the title-winning team of two years ago; but not at the level of the luminous, steamrollering Mourinho Mk1 team, a rare concurrence of prime-cut talent and a manager in the sweet spot of his own powers.
- (physics, slang): The center of percussion.
- (slang, euphemistic) The clitoris, prostate gland or other center of sexual pleasure
- (sports) The optimal place on the bat, racquet, etc with which to hit.
- He hit the gapper right off of the sweet spot.