Jump to navigation Jump to search
tailpiece (plural tailpieces)
- An appendage or appendix.
- (music, lutherie) An element, often triangular, to which the strings of a violin, guitar, etc. are attached at the lower end of an instrument.
- (architecture) A short joist between a header and a wall.
- The part of a telescope containing the adjusting device for the eyepiece, etc.
- The part of a lock that transmits motion from the hub to the latch bolt.
secures strings on a musical instrument
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.