Jump to navigation Jump to search
telescope (plural telescopes)
- A monocular optical instrument that magnifies distant objects, especially in astronomy.
- Any instrument used in astronomy for observing distant objects (such as a radio telescope).
Hyponyms of telescope
optical instrument that magnifies
- (transitive, intransitive) To extend or contract in the manner of a telescope.
- (transitive, intransitive) To slide or pass one within another, after the manner of the sections of a small telescope or spyglass.
- (intransitive) To come into collision, as railway cars, in such a manner that one runs into another.
- telescope at OneLook Dictionary Search