Jump to navigation Jump to search
- plural of
- (slang) Clipping of .
- The side of a coin that doesn't bear the picture of the head of state or similar.
- Antonym: heads
- Tails, I win.
- (mining) Tailings; waste.
- (alcohol production) Tailings, feints.
- 2011 February 9, Bill Owens; Alan Dikty, The Art of Distilling Whiskey and Other Spirits: An Enthusiast's Guide to the Artisan Distilling of Potent Potables, Quarry Books, →ISBN, page 39:
- The tails can be collected until the evolving distillate is down to about 10 percent, and the stillhead […]
tailcoat — see tailcoat
side of coin
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of tail