Jump to navigation Jump to search
timetable (plural timetables)
- a tabular schedule of events with the times at which they occur, especially times of arrivals and departures
- A schedule of arrivals and departures published in book or booklet form, or as a pamphlet, and available to travellers, either free or for a charge.
- 1960 December, “The Glasgow Suburban Electrification is opened”, in Trains Illustrated, page 714:
- Above all, the 48-page timetables of the new service, which have been distributed free at every station in the scheme, are a model to the rest of B.R. For the first time on British Railways, so far as we are aware, a substantial timetable has been produced, not only without a single footnote but also devoid of all wearisome asterisks, stars, letter suffixes and other hieroglyphics.
a structured schedule of events
- (transitive) To arrange a specific time for (an event, a class, etc).
- I've timetabled the meeting for Monday afternoon.
- Synonym: schedule
arrange a specific time for an event