Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: topdown
top-down (not comparable)
- Of or relating to a hierarchical system that progresses from a single, large basic unit to multiple, smaller subunits.
- Produced, controlled, or directed by those at the top of the hierarchy.
- 2019, Li Huang; James Lambert, “Another Arrow for the Quiver: A New Methodology for Multilingual Researchers”, in Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, →DOI, page 6:
- Overall the signage at NIE has the appearance being a top-down artefact driven by institutional policy with English set as the default language.
- (video games) Presenting the player with an aerial view.
- a top-down shooter
hierarchical system that progresses from a single, large basic unit to multiple, smaller subunits