- (Britain, slang, English) sexually attractive women considered collectively; usually connoting a connection with the upper class.
- (slang, English) an individual sexually attractive woman
Although denoting a countable subject, the noun is most often a mass noun. A single person is described as "some totty" or "a bit of totty". But a group of people can also be referred to as "some totty" or "the totty".
- (Britain, obsolete, dialect) unsteady; dizzy; tottery
- For yet his noule [head] was totty of the must.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Walter Scott to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
From tot (“small child”)