Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- of, caused by, or causing trauma
1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter VII:
- It's a sort of disease. There's a scientific name for it. Trau- something. Traumatic symplegia, that's it. This cat has traumatic symplegia. In other words, putting it in simple language adapted to the lay mind, where other cats are content to get their eight hours, Augustus wants his twenty-four.
- 2011, September 18, Don Thompson and Ken Ritter, “Reno air race crash scene shows violence of impact”, Associated Press:
- "I've seen more patients, but never this many patients with this number of severe injuries," said Dr. Michael Morkin, chief of Renown's emergency department […] . "It was traumatic."
- (medicine, dated) Of or relating to wounds; applied to wounds.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coxe to this entry?)
- (dated) Adapted to the cure of wounds; vulnerary.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wiseman to this entry?)
- Produced by wounds.
- traumatic tetanus
of, caused by, or causing trauma
traumatic (plural traumatics)