Jump to navigation Jump to search
un- + predictable
unpredictable (comparative more unpredictable, superlative most unpredictable)
- Unable to be predicted.
- 1983, Richard Ellis, The Book of Sharks, Knopf, →ISBN, page 146:
- Sharks are not unpredictable; for the most part, they do exactly what an apex predator is expected to do.
- Synonym: (far less common) nonpredictable
- Antonym: predictable
unable to be predicted
unpredictable (plural unpredictables)
- An unpredictable thing.
- 1960, United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce. Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Motor Vehicle Safety: Hearing..., page 12:
- Other unpredictables, like the recent unexpected blizzards and those of 2 years ago, or a hurricane can cost us many thousands of dollars, and have a severe impact on equipment and facilities.