Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Open, honest; tending to disclose information; truthful.
- I will be up front with you: what you are asking may be costly and difficult.
open, honest; tending to disclose information; truthful
- (idiomatic) At the beginning; before anything begins.
- If we settle on the terms of the deal up front there will be much less arguing later.
- At the front.
- If you don't have anything to do up front, help organize the boxes in back.
- (soccer) In an attacking position.
- 2010 December 28, Marc Vesty, “Stoke 0 - 2 Fulham”, in BBC:
- But, rather than make a change up front, Hughes shuffled his defence for this match, replacing Carlos Salcido with Baird, in a move which few would have predicted would prove decisive.
at the beginning; before anything begins