See also: up-beat
- Having a fast pace, tempo, or beat.
- The notes are easy, but it's an upbeat tune and should be played fairly quickly.
- Having a positive, lively, or perky tone, attitude, etc.
- Though he had bad news, he ended with an upbeat forecast for the future.
- He sounded upbeat when I talked to him.
- (optimistic): downbeat
Having a fast pace, tempo, or beat
Having a positive, lively, or perky tone, attitude, etc.
upbeat (plural upbeats)
unaccented beat at the start of a musical phrase