Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Overabundance of words.
- 1929, Robert Dean Frisbee, The Book of Puka-Puka, Eland, published 2019, page 39:
- A very garrulous person, he approached the counter in a fog of verbiage.
- The manner in which something is expressed in words.
- bureaucratic verbiage
- 1846, Margaret Thornley, The True End of Education and the Means Adapted to It:
- The comparison of coincidences in the verbiage of different languages, and affinity of etymological formation, are interesting subjects of philological investigation.
- 1947, George S. Patton, War as I Knew It:
- Use concise military verbiage.
overabundance of words