Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛtʃ
vetch (plural vetches)
- Any of several leguminous plants, of the genus Vicia, often grown as green manure and for their edible seeds.
- Any of several similar plants within the subfamily Faboideae.
- (Vicia): garden vetch, common vetch (Vicia sativa); bitter vetch, blister vetch (Vicia ervilia); tufted vetch (Vicia cracca); hairy vetch (Vicia villosa); fodder vetch), bard vetch (Vicia articulata); French vetch (Vicia serratifolia); Hungarian vetch (Vicia pannonica)
- deervetch (Acmispon glaber)
- kidney vetch (Anthyllis vulneraria)
- milk-vetch (Astragalus)
- vetchling (Lathyrus)
any of several leguminous plants