Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /vɪsˈkɑsɪti/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /vɪsˈkɒsɪti/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒsɪti
- Hyphenation: vis‧cos‧i‧ty
- (uncountable) The state of being viscous.
- (countable, physics) A quantity expressing the magnitude of internal friction in a fluid, as measured by the force per unit area resisting uniform flow.
- 2018 October 3, Youn Young Shim; Rana Mustafa; Jianheng Shen; Kornsulee Ratanapariyanuch; Martin J. T. Reaney, “Composition and Properties of Aquafaba: Water Recovered from Commercially Canned Chickpeas”, in Journal of Visualized Experiments, volume 132, DOI:10.3791/56305, PMID 29553544:
- Aquafaba was recovered from 10 commercial canned chickpea products and correlations among aquafaba composition, density, viscosity and foaming properties were investigated. Proton NMR was used to characterize aquafaba composition before and after ultrafiltration through membranes with different molecular weight cut offs (MWCOs of 3, 10, or 50 kDa).
- (uncountable, psychology) A tendency to prolong interpersonal encounters.
state of being viscous
physics: quantity expressing the magnitude of internal friction in a fluid