Jump to navigation Jump to search
webinar (plural webinars)
- An interactive seminar conducted via Internet. Usually a live presentation, lecture or workshop that happens in real time, as users participate through text-based chat, voice, video, or file-sharing.
- I just got an email invitation to a webinar on the value of primary sources.
- 2002, Ann Rockley, Managing Enterprise Content :
- Web conferences or Webinars are a great way to learn about products or subjects of interest.
- 2003, Francoise Tourniaire, Just Enough CRM :
- Webinars are often painfully short on exposure to the actual product, devoting half of the typical one-hour length to an “expert” disserting on some lofty topic, another fifteen minutes to a fluffy presentation about the company and its strategic direction, and a scant five minutes to a quick demo.
- 2003, Andrea Learned, quoted in Martha Barletta's Marketing to Women :
- It's not that all women aren't interested in learning to download files or take Webinars, it's that their “why bother” factor may well kick in.
- 2006, Selling Power, Volume 26, Issues 1-9, page 44:
- Register today for our informative webinar and executive book offer.
- 2011, Jon Wuebben, Content is Currency: Developing Powerful Content for Web and Mobile, page 28:
- One other point: An impressive site design can never rescue poorly written copy, sloppy videos, or boring webinar recordings.
- 2013, Kristin Kipp, Teaching on the Education Frontier, page 82:
- Although there are many other tools that are available in a webinar tool, these are the ones you'll find yourself using most often.
interactive seminar conducted via Internet
webinar m (plural webinares)