Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /waɪlst/, /hwaɪlst/
- (UK) IPA(key): /wʌɪlst/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (Britain, rare or literary in North America) While, at the same time.
- Drivers must switch off engines whilst on stand. ― (instruction on a bus stand sign)
- Mostly restrained to use in British English.
- Rare in North America and may be considered archaic, pedantic, or pompous.
while, at the same time — See also translations at while