Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
wormhole (plural wormholes)
- a hole burrowed by a worm
- (relativity) A hypothetical shortcut between two points in spacetime, permitting faster-than-light travel and sometimes time travel.
- (programming, slang) A location in a monitor program containing the address of a routine, allowing the user to substitute different functionality.
- (a spacetime construct): Einstein-Rosen bridge
a hole burrowed by a worm
a shortcut between distant parts of space
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.