Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) A person who always agrees with their employer or superior.
- 1868, New Zealand Parliament, Parliamentary debates, volume 55, page 2437:
- The function of a Vice-President is the job of a yes-man, as they call it in America.
- 2003, Evan Thomas, "The 12 Year Itch," Newsweek, 21 Mar.:
- Rice is a "yes man," says one former top government official. "She thinks her job is just to figure out what the president is trying to say and then to say it more articulately."
a person who always agrees with his employer or superior