Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: zircón
- (uncountable) A mineral occurring in tetragonal crystals, usually of a brown or grey colour and consisting of silica and zirconia.
- 2012 March 1, Lee A. Groat, “Gemstones”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 128:
- Although there are dozens of different types of gems, among the best known and most important are […] . (Common gem materials not addressed in this article include amber, amethyst, chalcedony, garnet, lazurite, malachite, opals, peridot, rhodonite, spinel, tourmaline, turquoise and zircon.)
- (countable) A crystal of zircon, sometimes used as a false gemstone.
zircon m (plural zircons)
- “zircon” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
zircon n (uncountable)